Friday, May 28, 2004

Living through the 60's as preparation for the Oughts.

Funny how this poster was always sorry for the people of the Middle East...I was always sorry for countries where major candidates or presidents were assassinated. Then I lived through the assassination of JFK, his brother Robert, and Martin Luther King. Between 1963 and 1968 I saw sadness, corruption, murder (Kent State) and fascism (under Dick Nixon) play out over the sad song of Vietnam.

And so when anyone tells me "believe in your leaders" or "trust your government" I know that they are at best naive. And at worst, totally ignorant. I do not trust ANYONE. I need facts. I read and reflect and wonder where all the people on the "other side" are getting their information. Surely they are not processing the revelations that come out daily from the various news sources who finally seem to have taken their blinders off.


Nicely said !! In their beloved Koran, the infidels are to be killed!..Guess what... if your NOT muslim your the infidel ! This is the first time that Im really scared to live in America. I always felt sorry, or real bad for people who live in places like the middle east. I couldn't imagine what they feel when bombs go off or gun fire. Or just waiting for someone to attack. Well, now I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home